Sunday, January 18, 2009

Phew!


The inevitable. This weekend was Jack's weekend. We had his family birthday party yesterday and today we had his baby dedication at church. Our whole family participated and had a fabulous time. However, Jack did not like his weekend what so ever. He had a tooth break through his gums yesterday and he was one VERY unhappy baby. (I am questioning if he is getting his one year molars as well.) The boy is throwing tantrums almost every minute he is awake. To make it worse I took his bottle away last Monday because I had a narrow window before another tooth came in or he caught a cold. Of course he had both last week after the bottles were thrown away. I think he is suffering from separation anxiety because his security was in his bottle. I am the only one that he wants and most of the time he can't make up his mind if he wants to be held. On the positive, for the few short minutes when he dug in his cake or was prayed over in the church service, he did not cry...and I am very thankful for that.

Tonight we are putting Keegan in his big boy bed. My family helped us transform his room and I am a little emotional to see his crib leave. He is growing up and I can't stop it. So, if you can...please PLEASE say a prayer for this already tired mama, and that he will stay in his bed.

I have more to write about this weekend soon...but until then I let out a little whine.

7 comments:

Stacie said...

I am praying for you, girl! It is hard letting your little ones grow up. I hope Keegan does well in his bed tonight and the transition is smooth, and I pray that poor Jack gets to feeling better so you can feel better!

Lauren said...

I just now prayed for you. Gosh, I can relate. I'm beginning to think that motherhood is just a jumble of the wonderful moments (birthday cake and dedications) and total frustration/sadness (teeth, separation anxiety, big boy beds).

You had a very intense weekend! Don't you hate it when your facing down a week with husbandless days? I always find it so much easier when Nathan is at home.

Membership Required said...

I am going to pray that you are blown away and that he doesnt even have a care in the world about this big boy bed change. Jack was so cute today, thanks for including us in his special day. Wishing you many blessings for a wonderful night to end a busy weekend.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!

LMS

Janelle and Ella said...

Ahhh!!! I'm so sorry! I'm sure it was a very sweet dedication. I can't wait to see pictures of that and Keegan's big boy bed!! I hope last night went well!

Amanda said...

Bless your heart, Michelle. That picture says it all. I hope this week is much better for y'all! I will be praying for Keegan's big transition.

Kelly Bowman said...

Michelle, I am praying for you. I can relate! Just remember this too shall pass and one day you will look back and laugh.