Sunday, September 14, 2008

Loving the A/C!

YIKES IKE!!!
We survived Hurricane Ike, but I could not survive the lack of power. Plus Jack's cold was not getting any better and wanted to be close to a doctor. We headed up to Mansfield this afternoon since who knows when we will get it back.

So I know one thing: Hurricanes in the night without power are very scary. I think I underestimated the power of this storm and next time I will get out of dodge if at all possible. We stayed up the whole night on guard listening to the strong gusts....not sure I could sleep anyway.

Our house suffered no damage, so we were very grateful for that. Jonathan's sister's house has a big whole in the roof and water damage upstairs. When we went for a walk the afternoon after, we realized how lucky we were. There were lots of trees down...some in houses, and some on cars.







The house behind our back fence had a giant pine tree fall sideways into their neighbor's yard. It could have very well fallen on our house. Thank you Lord for your protection!
*This is the best pic that I could get, but this pine tree is HUGE and is the entire length of a yard and a half.



The damage in our neighborhood and surrounding areas is so sad, but my heart goes out to all the people who lost their homes and families that lost loved ones.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Dang, girl!

You live in my parents' neighborhood. Their house didn't suffer any damage, either. But they are DYING without the AC.

Stay cool!

Janelle and Ella said...

WOW!!! That is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. That was one intense storm. No wonder people were fleeing.

Linsey said...

Goodness. Glad you guys were ok!

Tara Powell said...

so glad you were ok. I have been worried about ya'll because I heard your neighborhood had a lot of trees down. We have power, so if ya'll need anything please let me know!

Anonymous said...

Man that is crazy! Keep my dad in your prayers. We do not know if his bay house is still there in Tiki anymore! Prayers please!