Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Summer Vacation


We stepped back into the Hill Country this summer with Jonathan's family and visited River Inn Resort. The weather was nice the entire time and never got really hot. I used to live for summer's to lay out, but now I much prefer to lay out under a tree, read a book on a breezy day. The one hot commodity that River Inn Resort has is a flume that dumps you out in the river. When the crowd left after the busy weekend, we took a day and had it all for ourselves.







Laura and I got out there a few times and tried to not hold on, but only kept our arms up just long enough for a picture. Brad, I know you are laughing right now, because you thought it was not that fast. Okay..I am a weanie.


This has to be may favorite picture of my father in law.


Brad and his princess who preferred this little boat.

Past that, my beautiful niece Brianna opted to not get in the water too much.



This was Keegan's first fishing experience. We got him a Lighting McQueen fishing pole and instead of a hook it had a red plastic circle. Jonathan thought it was quite lame because it did not have an actual hook. I think temporarily he forgot Keegan was 2 an that he might be missing an eye after this vacation. Keegan thought it was so fun to cast it in (or actually throw it in) and then run the opposite direction from the river, dragging the red circle behind him. Okay, so we have a little more to teach him about fishing...but at least it is a start. Jonathan finally agreed that a hook would have been a bad idea. :)



The Hill Country is calling me back...

13 comments:

Nancy Mon said...

wow, the pics are so good. Hmmm, I want to go there. Are they open in the fall?

FitzandMolly said...

I am soooo jealous.

Unknown said...

Those pics really remind me of home! I miss the Hill Country too :)

Membership Required said...

that place looks fun. I'll have to figure out more about it from you.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

That porch looks so great! Wish I was there!

amberburger said...

NO WAY! We went to River Inn all growing up! We have so many pics from summer family vacations! yippee! Love the pics...miss you friend!

Anonymous said...

No wonder the Sanders go back year after year! What fun!!

LMS

Lauren said...

that place looks beautiful!

Chalise Stovall said...

HI!!! Looks like yall had a great time and such a great place! How are you doing?? =)

Tara Powell said...

those pictures make me sad that we didn't attempt a family vacation this year. I love the pictures, though. I am glad that the trip was a success!

Melissa said...

Oh man, I miss Kerrville. I lived there back in 1991 doing a summer intern job. Beautiful!!

Lori, Landon and Logan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori, Landon and Logan said...

That slide is so cool! Keegan seriously needs a hook. Logan (age 2) uses one and actually won a trophy at a fishing derby. He was so intense. He loves fishing. He wakes up sometimes and says
"Where's my pole?" We do take the hook off at home though when he drags his pole around!