Friday, July 6, 2007

KEEGAN is ONE!

It is hard to believe that he is already one! 365 days have passed so quickly. My heart swells everytime that I look at him and hold him. It amazes me that God could give us such a precious gift that fills our life with so much joy and excitement. You never know what your baby will be like when he is your womb. You wonder and dream about his little personality and what he is going to look like. God met my expectations and more with this little one. There are so many things that I love about Keegan that I just don't know where to start.

His gorgeous blue eyes and long eye lashes
His unique laugh that makes his face turn red sometimes
His fun personality that wakes us up at 5:30 in the morning
The many noises that he makes: screaming, indian and chinese noises
His toothy smile
The way he looks back over the car seat when I drive just to make sure that I am stil there
His fascination with fans, door stops and cabinet doors
His screams in places that echo.
HIs buzzy lips
HIs fat feet
The way he shakes his arm up and down to say "bye"
I love to watch him try to stand on his head
How his whole body jolts when he is excited
How he smiles when the camera is on him
I love his bald head and big toe
How he shakes his head left to right
How he he just stares at you intently, face goes red...and you know exactly what he is up to
I love when someone that he knows is on the phone and his whole face lights up.
At what I like the most is that he reaches for me and lays his head on my shoulder when tired. :)

Just a few pictures from his birthday party... a blog update to come.


10 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy birthday, Keegan! I loved reading this, Michelle. It took me back - seems like it was yesterday!

Nancy Mon said...

Happy Birthday Keegan!!! I love your smile...

The Winn Family said...

Oh, he was so small! I remember telling everyone that I had the cutest nephew and that I had never seen another baby that was as precious. I think he is even more precious now than when he was born.

FitzandMolly said...

can you believe you've come this far?? it does seem like only yesterday that you, me & Amanda were all pregnant. crazy.

love your new house, by the way. the green in your kitchen is fantastic.

Pwood said...

Congrats! Wow, it has already been a year!! It does seem like just yesterday we got the call that Baby Keegan was born. He was too cute then and even more precious today. I look forward to seeing him grow in the next coming years!! Congrats on being awesome parents already. Happy Birthday Keegan!!

Anonymous said...

I will never forget the day that Keegan was born! What a week we had had! And I will never forget my instructions, "We are on a plane to Hawaii; Michelle, my daughter-in-law is in the hospital; Jonathan, my son, is on his way home from San Antonio. . Would you check on that?!" And at the hospital. . .you were scared, but excited at the same time. You were an instant mom, and it was awesome! I was honored to have been there to welcome Keegs into the world...that was a special day! Happy Birthday, Keegan!
Linda

A is for Audrey said...

happy birthday keegan! we love you. michelle, the pics are so cute! :)

Janelle and Ella said...

This list is so sweet!! I love your list. You are such a great mom! My favorite thing on the list is his laugh. It is so true. He has the best laugh.
Congratulations on one year! It's such a huge milestone for baby and parents.

kittyhox said...

Looooooove the cake! Did you make it yourself? How? SO NEAT!

And, of course, what a cutie! Our little guy turned one last month and I'm loving this age. Yours is adorable...

Dana said...

Happy Birthday Keegan!!!!!
I love his laugh, it is infectious!