Sunday, November 19, 2006

I never thought I would blog

I have officially crossed over and have given in. I thought about it for a long while and decided that there were so many thoughts running through my head during the day that I needed to empty them out- instead of talking Jonathan's ear off once he stepped through the door.

Journaling is something that never stuck with me. I would see a pretty one in the store that would inspire me to start again, and then after a couple of weeks it joined the other pretty journals on the shelf. My friend Mariana and I have this same issue, and we decided that since we love e-mailing so much that maybe blogging just might work. It would give us an outlet to think of positive things in the week. Now that I have stayed at home with Keegan for four months, I think I am losing brain cells. I have found myself talking in funny ways, doing silly things, just to amuse him. Baby conversations just don't do it for me. Believe me...Keegan is sooo much fun, but he does not have much of a vocabulary.

I have friends, Janelle, Amanda, and Kristin whose blogs I read daily. They keep me smiling, laughing, thinking, and sometimes leave me teary-eyed. I now come to appreciate blogs because of them. I never understood the purpose of putting it out there for the world to see, but for my three friends who live in Dallas, I can now be in their world a bit more. So in honor of them, here is my first blog.

2 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Woohoo!! Michelle, I am so happy that you have started your blog! Just like you said about us, this will allow me to see into your life so far away from us in Houston a little better!
:-) I love you!!

Amanda said...

Well done, Michelle! We will hold you accountable to posting regularly. I already love the blog. Love you!
Manda Moone