Monday, December 3, 2007

Exceeding my Expectations

It has been 5 months since we have moved on this side of town and I feel like we are finally establishing relationships! It has been a lot harder than I imagined that it would be, but I am blessed by the new friendships. If you remember the neighbor that I met on a walk one morning, we keep in touch almost every day. She is having her little boy this Thursday so we will have lots of notes to compare since she has a 17 month old as well. Last Friday, a couple from Houston Northwest invited us out to dinner and we had the best time with them eating lasagna and watching our kids run all around the kitchen. Saturday night we went to a Christmas party with our new sunday school class and enjoyed the company of many couples in our exact stage of life. In fact, most of them have kids Keegan's age which is a huge blessing. I am about to head out the door to the second playdate with these ladies. Last time I left on cloud nine because Keegan has never had this many friends to hang out with. He absolutely loved it and fit right in.

On the flip side, everything in me misses HFBC. I miss the people that feel like family. I have a huge peace with the effort we are putting out and know that God wants us pursue this. In fact, community in our neighborhood is something that God has been speaking to us for a long time now. I guess God's callings are not the easiest, and for the big God we serve it shouldn't have to be. I remember when I transfered my membership from FBC Mansfield it was so hard and very emotional. I never thought that HFBC would exceed the community I felt there, and it did. So, taking a glance back there is a lesson to be learned, God can exceed my expectations once again.

7 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

I am so happy for you, Michelle!!

Kay Altic said...

so glad friend that all is going good...for the whole family..God is so fun...Love you girl...

K

Sarah said...

Hey, Michelle! I came across your blog through Mariana's blog. I was reading that you're going to Houston Northwest now. We live out in your area, too, and I wanted to let you know that we have some great friends that go to that church and have a little girl about Keegan's age...the wife's name is Jill Moreno...just thought I'd pass along the name for another young mom hopefully you might be able to connect with...she's wonderful!

Ashie Nichole said...

Its very true that God's callings are not always the easiest, but they always, ALWAYS truly bless us in the end!! I have really been having a hard time with that lately, and I keep coming across this verse: To him who is able to do FAR MORE ABUNDANTLY than all that we ask or think according to the power at work within us.
I just keep looking at that and meditating over it, and I just think the Lord is soo cool, bc the thing he calls us to, he always knows why and has a HUGE plan within it and it is for his glory!! I love you soo much and I am prayin for ya! Glad you are finding community!! :) Love you!

Tina Braswell said...

Hi Michelle! It's been awhile since I've posted, but I keep updated and we are excited for you as you approach the birth of your second little boy! I just had to say thanks for posting what you did. It's an encouragement to me as we are facing a big move away from people we consider family. Love ya!
Tina

Ben, Abby and Abe Lowery said...

He can, and I know He will! Love you, Michelle!

Erin said...

Michelle, It has bee so very long! I am back in Houston and interviewing with different churches for girls' ministry positions. I'm at HFBC in the meantime. And I am definitely feeling the same: leaving my church in College Station was hard and then I served at a church in Austin for the summer and leaving that church was hard. But, as I search for jobs, knowing that the Lord has someplace other than HFBC for me to be, I want so badly to stay here and be a part of what God is doing here.

Where do you guys live now? I'd love to have lunch or coffee sometime. And I'd be up for baby-sitting since I haven't found a job yet and have so much free time.