Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas at Our House

I feel like I have officially become an adult because we hosted all the Christmas festivities at our house. However, while I did some preparation, my mother and mother in law still got the food together. There is only so much energy left on my end. :) So, I guess I become an official hostess when I do the cooking! Christmas was a great experience and the time with the family was good for the soul. We have never had the Winns and Sanders together for any holiday so it felt very complete...for us anyway. The only people missing were my brother and family, but they came later, which was fun to spread out the holidays over a few days.

Keegan was an absolute blast this Christmas! Jonathan and I almost forgot about opening our gifts because it was exciting to see him rip through paper and seeing the excitement in his eyes. I know he does not get "Christmas", but he sure did like his new things! I am pretty sure that we now own every possible toddler toy just by the way our playroom has tripled.

Opening his first stocking...


Paper stuck to his bottom...


Posing in his Christmas outfit...



One of my favorite presents...our fireplace mantel custom made! (Thank you Granny J!) Just needs to be painted!


The Sanders Men...


Keeg's with G-Bob (my dad), his constant holiday entertainment.


Brad and Brianna


G-Bob and Jacey


Keegan with Granny J and GiGi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas looks like so much fun at your house! It is so nice to stay home right? Anyway, kids make Christmas so much fun and really makes you remember the true meaning of the holiday season.

PS - Keeg is a doll!

Kim

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

what a cool gift ... a custom mantle!! i know you will enjoy that in your new house!!

Anonymous said...

What??? No pictures of matching pj's??????

LMS

Debbie Jeffers said...

It looks like ya'll had a great time this Christmas. Too bad you didn't have a little "stocking stuffer" to add. Get his little party hat and blower ready for the New Year, though. Keegan is adorable and looks so grown up. DJ

Janelle and Ella said...

I am cracking up about the paper stuck on Keeg's bottom!
I'm so glad y'all had a wonderful Christmas!!!

FordeFam said...

So fun!!! Can't wait to see pics of Jack! The great thing about them being born right after Christmas is that their first Christmas is soooo fun since they're a little older and they know it's a special day!!! :)