Thursday, August 23, 2007

17th Annual Sanders Vacation to Hunt, Texas


We left Houston last Thursday in a rain storm with a fingers crossed that it would not rain the whole time we were in Hunt, Texas. We stopped by San Marcos for a couple hours and we only made a dent in the stores. (They really have EVERYTHING!) It only was cloudy on Friday and beautiful on Saturday and Sunday. We stayed in two condos at River Inn. I have to say that it was a different experience going on vacation with a toddler. Keegan's molars started to come in and had he had a cold. He stayed in the same room with us and a couple nights we did not get much sleep. It was not long before he figured out that we were in the room with him. I even tried to trick him by putting up a sheet hanging from the ceiling so he would not see us. He is one smart cookie! One cool thing about this trip, besides hanging out with family, is that Keegan took his very first steps. We were all out by the river, and he was doing so well standing by himself. Uncle Brad invited him to come to him, and he took 3 mini steps. I held my breath and I was so proud of him! He has not done it since, but I know that he will pick it up again soon. I think the main component of him taking steps, was that he did not want to crawl in the grass. But hey..we will take it! We fished, played games, worked on MANY crossword puzzles, and watched Brianna and Keegan for entertainment. I really appreciated a few days to get away and be in nature. Sometimes I wonder why we just don't pick up and move to the Hill Country.





*More pictures are on our new and improved MAC generated website!

14 comments:

FitzandMolly said...

It is my dream to live in the Hill Country. If you move there first, I will never speak to you again. ;)

Amanda said...

Look at your cute tummy! You are so adorable! That's very exciting about Keegan's first steps.

FordeFam said...

Awww!!! Love the picture of you fishing there with your cute little pregnant belly! ;) Very fun that you guys have so many family events!!! :) Those are always so much fun! We have yet to take a road trip with our toddlers! That should be exciting! Ha! I think we should have tried our first one before Zoe was potty trained! That could get interesting! :)

Dana said...

OMG!OMG!OMG! I love the Hill Country! I would still speak to you if you moved there before Courtney because then I would have a friend to come visit...:) We almost stayed at the River Inn but then went to Mo Ranch and it was familiar so we picked that...can't go wrong in Hunt.

Anonymous said...

Girl come move with us - we are moving to the country - not with many hills though - LOL!

Anyway, you look adorable with your little belly! Both of my little 2nd cousins are getting so big - We need to get all the grandkids together and have pics taken!

Kim

The Synnott's said...

i am glad you got time away and you look to darn cute with your pregnant belly. hope you are feeling great!

Lauren said...

That baby belly is growing!

Janelle and Ella said...

Your belly looks twice as big as it was when I saw you a few weeks ago! It's SO cute!
Yea for Keegan taking his first steps!

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

I am so jealous that you are fishing in this picture! I have not been fishing since I had my second son!!!
I agree your belly is too cute! Great job Keegan! Walking and Running soon!

Nancy Mon said...

Love the pics! You look great Michelle. Happy about Keegan's first steps... Thanks for sharing your fun vacation.

Kay Altic said...

you look cute friend...keegan is growing so much!!!!!

Unknown said...

I'm from Kerrville and all my old friends lived out in Hunt. I love going home to visit and i'm glad to see that there are other people out there who actually know where Hunt, TX is!!

Family W said...

Great pictures. My little one's molars have started coming in too. Not fun! :)

Woody said...

Your belly is so cute!! We just got back from Women of Faith and it was awesome....My favorites this year were Anita Renfro and Lucy Swindoll....Sandy Patty and Shiela Walsh were next in line along with Patsy Clairmont and Marilyn Meberg and Nicole Johnson. God sure does speak each time I go. You have a great week!