Thursday, May 10, 2007

Poor Pacee!

I had to take Keegs to the doctor today because of the pacee rash on his face that has stayed around for a month. (If you look at the last several pics you can see it.) I called the nurse to see if they had any tricks up their sleeve in how to get rid of it. Instead they asked for us to come in because his saliva could have bacteria. (eeeew!) Our doctor's office is very cautious and looks at everything. I almost did not want to call because I knew they would want us to come in. I did not want to pay $20 for him to recommend lotion. So, we went and I am very glad that we did. Our doc said that he was on the brink of a staph infection! Who knew. He gave us a prescription for some steroid cream to clear it up. Then the words I dreaded came out of Dr. Razaks mouth. "You must stop using the pacifiers and go cold turkey." My thoughts went like this, " Oooooh! Not that! Keeg's loves his pacees! He sleeps with at least 2 every night!!! What about my long trips to Dallas?? His sleep schedule just leveled out!" The look on my face said it all and he chuckled. He did not care. Easier said than done Mister!! But you know what...Keegan went to sleep without one tonight. So it can be done. Goodbye Pacees...we will miss you! You have all been my hero! You will forever be remembered.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my! I'm so glad you caught it before it became a staph infection. Who would have thought? Jackson has had a bad diaper rash and a bunch of ant bites on his legs, feet, and hiney. Bless his heart - he's just a mess. I'm so glad Keegan did okay without his pacees!

Anonymous said...

Wow - Be glad you went to the doctor. Mallory's doctor tends to be that way also - they want you to come in for everything.

Anyway, right on with the pacee! Don't ask how I got lucky with this one, but Mallory was 2 yrs. old and she got up out of her bed, threw her pacee in the trash, and said she did not want it anymore. I was so happy it was so easy - but sad because it just proved she was growing up so fast! Enjoy these last few baby type things - before you know it Keegan will be in Kinder!

Kim

FitzandMolly said...

At least you can get rid of it. We'll have to get Moriah's thumb out of her mouth. My doctor recommended putting socks over her hands at night, then wrapping them on with ace bandages, and THEN duct tape, so she can't get them off! I'm not so sure I'm ready for the trauma that is certain to be caused.

Janelle and Ella said...

Oh no! So glad you guys took him to the doctor! How sad that he can't have his pacee anymore, really how sad for you! I'm so happy that he is doing fine without it and I hope he continues to do okay! We need to wean Ella from hers soon, so let me know how it goes.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Oh, gosh, I think my heart skipped a beat when you said the dr said to give up the pacie! Well, at least you'll have it over with...the rest of us suckers will have it to look forward to!