Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Pursuit of Happyness

Last night, Jonathan and I went on a date! I think this is #3 since Keegan was born. Leigh and Laura graciously came over to babysit. We have not seen a movie at a theater since June and that was the DaVinci Code. We chose very carefully what movie that we were going to watch because who knows when the next time will be. So, we chose The Pursuit of Happyness. I had seen a billion (okay...maybe 3) interviews with Will Smith and his son Jaden and have been itching to see it. Mainly because Jaden is so cute. He makes me want to adopt a black baby so he can have hair like his!

It was very inspirational, but at the same time it was convicting. For the last two months, I have been dreaming of a house, even down to what paint colors I would use. Dreaming of a yard for Keegan to play in, a big(ger) kitchen, more bedrooms and a garage, especially when it is raining. After watching what this father and son went through-sleeping in subway bathrooms and rushing to get in line at a homeless center to stay for the night-it really put my life in perspective. Jonathan has a job, and a good one. We own a comfy home with two bedrooms. We have food on our table every night. We have presents under the tree. We have insurance. We have running water. We own two cars. We have nice clothes. God knows the desire in my heart, but he also knows the greed. Thank you, Lord, for showing me how good we have it! Thank you for all the blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For sure and amen sister! Felt the same...